Strength Training without ever setting foot in the gym!
Kettlebell training offers a whole host of benefits to cyclists that can not only improve performance but also address common complaints such as back pain.
Cyclists are notorious for having over tight hamstrings and demonstrating poor posture with rounded shoulders and weak upper back and core musculature. Kettlebell Training is rapidly becoming recognised by sports men and women alike as one of the best ways to improve sports specific strength and conditioning using cutting edge techniques.
If the gluteal muscles are inhibited the strength and power of the posterior chain is therefore negatively affected making incidents of back pain and injury more likely while reducing over all performance and power output.
How Kettlebell Training Can Help Cyclists
I highly recommend Kettlebell training for cycling specific strength and conditioning for several reasons.
- Kettlebell training can be used to develop total body muscular strength, endurance and power without adding un-necessary muscle bulk.
- The core can be strengthened and conditioned using exercises that relate closely to cycling thus making it extremely sports specific.
- Gluteal inhibition can be addressed resulting in improved hip function, injury reduction, increased contraction strength and increased power on the bike.
- Exercises can be selected that allow the legs to be trained in movements which closely mimic cycling.
- Cycling specific kettlebell training sessions can be completed in as little as 30 minutes which means more time can be spent out on the bike!
- Kettlebells are relatively inexpensive and allow you to train at home without the need to pay expensive gym fees.
Matt Shore(B. Sc Hons)
TrainSharp are pleased to welcome on board their very own personal Kettlebell training provider Matt Shore.
Matt shore holds a B.Sc. in Sports Studies with Exercise Science awarded through Chichester University in 1996; A qualified Personal Trainer, he is registered and insured with the Register of Exercise Professionals. Matt is also a fully qualified and insured Advanced Kettlebell and Performance Boxing Instructor, having trained with Optimal Life Fitness Group, the UK’s leading Kettlebell, Performance Boxing and Olympic Weightlifting training provider. One of Matt’s most recent and exciting projects is the launch of Eastbourne Boot Camp – The Ultimate Outdoor Fitness Class!
Matt uses kettlebells extensively for his own strength and conditioning training and with clients looking to transform their bodies, increase fitness and boost confidence. Notably, kettlebell training played a crucial role in assisting Matt to qualify and compete in the BDPFA British Powerlifting Championships in 2009.
For more information or to book a consultation please contact:
Mind, Body and Goal Personal Training
E Mail:- Mindbodygoal@gmail.com
Top Kettlebell Exercises for Cyclists
Kettlebell training is a highly specialised and technical training system. It is essential that movements are performed correctly to avoid increased risk of injury and to maximise training effect. I HIGHLY recommend booking an appointment with a fully qualified and experienced Kettlebell Instructor such as myself to ensure that the techniques and principles are learnt correctly from the outset.
There are literally hundreds of kettlebell exercises that can be performed using a combination of one or two kettlebells.
Prior to engaging in any workout, ensure that a thorough warm up is completed using a variety of mobility drills and dynamic stretches to prime the muscles and get the blood flowing.